Sunday, September 04, 2005

Cyan World closes


Blogger Gray Dragon Service Center reports that Cyan Worlds, the creator of the Myst series of games and one of the most innovative games developer ever, has closed. Myst was the best selling PC game of all time until The Sims took leadership. Myst V: End of Ages will be the last release. As a diehard fan I feel sad, but "all good things must end"; "no tree grows to heaven"; "you gotta take the bad with the good". (Whichever cliché you want to use)

I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned. It continued falling into that starry expense, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse. I have tried to speculate where it might have landed, but I must admit that such conjecture is futile. Still, questions about whose hands might one day hold my Myst book are unsettling to me. I know my apprehensions might never be allayed, and so I close, realizing perhaps the ending has not yet been written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home